03 June 2013

EVERNOTE SHORT COURSE - 3 June 2013

I signed up for the Evernote Short Course some time ago, and today is the day we do the course. It's a  full house today, six students.... Serena, John, Margaret, Michael, Peter and myself

 The Trainer is Deborah, and her Assistant Trainer is Jon. Both are experienced in using Evernote.
We started by downloading Evernote to our student computers, and also to our device, a smart phone, or tablet, if we brought one - I did, my Google Nexus tablet.



Evernote is an example of cloud computing. It's the easy way to remember everything, and everything you store in your Evernote account is automatically synched across all of your devices, your desktop, laptop, smart phone or tablet...whatever.




We each created a new free Evernote account, and downloaded it. Then we created and edited a New Note. From there, we learnt to browse, organise, search our Notes.

It was soon the morning tea break, and we happily chatted about all we had been taught by our excellent Trainers Deborah and Jon.

Back into the training room to learn how to share individual notes through Evernote  by way of email, facebook and on the web, even if the recipient isn't an Evernote user.
I really enjoyed learning about Evernote, and I'm sure it will be used regularly. So, if you have a smartphone or tablet, put your name down on the Evernote waiting list to do the next Short Course.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it was very enjoyable. I learned a lot and am practicing it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using it for about two years - on and off. But today I really learned how to organise my notes, photos, links in proper folders. There is much more to learn. Maybe later we can do an "Evernote- Beyond The Basics"

    ReplyDelete