03 May 2013

OUTING TO MARITIME MUSEM - 3 May 2013

Today we had a field trip to the Australian Maritime Museum and 17 members met at the Rydalmere ferry wharf to catch the 9.50am  fast Rivercat to Circular Quay. The ferry was quite full, but we managed to circulate with our tablets, smart phones, cameras and videocams to record our days outing. Judy Joyce took heaps of pics, and John Moxon and John Lee took lots of video. We intend to compile a movie of this club outing.

The day started out cool, but soon warmed up. Arriving at Circular Quay, we walked to another wharf and boarded a smaller harbour city  ferry  to Pyrmont Bay wharf, then a short walk to the Australian Maritime Museum at Darling Harbour. As it was nearly lunchtime, we lined up at a small kiosk for light lunches, before entering the Museum.

As I was there mainly to video, I wandered around the various exhibitions to get video shots of our members while they explored the museum. I soon found John and Margaret Moxon in the Elysium Expedition exhibit. It is a photo and video record  by a team of explorers from numerous countries. There were many wonderful photos of seals and penguins against the backdrop of brilliant glacial blue glaciers, truly brilliant coloured photos.







I later came upon John showing Margaret how to share gorgeous photos taken on smartphones and tablets by using the app Instragram, a free,fun and simple way to make and share pics - the app is available for both Android and iOS smart phones and tablets.








 These three pics were Instagrams uploaded instantly
to Facebook by Deborah

I was able to copy them, and post them
to this blog....., straight from my wall
on Facebook!



After exploring exhibitions, Sea Journeys, Navy, Navigators and United States, I met up with Ron Taylor and other members  near the main entrance.
I did some more video, and then Ron and I walked to the wharf to board the harbour ferry back to the Quay, and then the Rivercat back up Parramatta River and my car. We sat outside at the front of the ferry, the sun was warm and the harbour waters were sparkling. I struck up a conversation with tourists from Montana-as Josie always says, I'm Mr Havachat.
.
 

1 comment: